Monday, March 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook?

FOR TODAY March 9, 2009
[simple-woman-daybook-large.jpg]
Outside my window... The sky is grey, but almost white. Still brown grass everywhere, and mud everywhere, but sometimes I see some green blades.
I am thinking... I don't know what to make for dinner, but it needs to involve the ground beef I have thawing.
I am thankful for... the two days back to back that we spent with Jake. Two days makes a big difference, when there has only usually been one day. From the kitchen... The kitchen needs some love and attention. I am headed there next.
I am wearing... Blue jeans and my favorite stripy sweater.
I am creating... a beautiful poncho made from organic wool.
I am going...to music class with my babes tonight.
I am reading... The Three Martini Vacation
I am hoping... for some sun tomorrow
I am hearing... the dogs walking around the house.
From the learning room... We are still attempting the potty training. Any type of "car" sticker seems to be incentive, but we are also trying to teach that the sticker is a reward after we have a potty connection.
Around the house... There is still the smell of chili powder that Iain dumped all over the living room and all over the nursery. Unfortunately, this is a 2nd offense.
One of my favorite things... The babies squealing with delight when they see each other each morning.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish hemming some curtains, hang curtains, find my double pointed #7 knitting needles that have run off (rather, been taken hostage by a curious 2 year old), plan a fun going to California meal for Jake on Saturday night.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Iain spent his first overnight with my parents in Iowa City, Friday night. He was very excited to leave the house (his favorite thing is to leave any place we might currently be residing) and it felt very good when he was so excited to see us over the Skype call and then when we went to Iowa City Saturday afternoon. His Uncle Zach came up with a new game that retrieved some huge belly laughs from everyone. Zach would make a very serious look at Iain, and then wait until they were in a stare down until...GRRRRAAA! Zach would scare Iain with a big shout and start laughing and Iain loved being scared...and laughing also. They went back and forth for a good amount of time. I think Iain could have gone on for hours.

I found this idea while reading
The Simple Woman's DayBook, but I don't know how I found my way to her blog.

No comments: