Yes, a give away! Everywhere I look in the blog universe, people are giving stuff away! Why are they doing this? They want readers and followers! A blog giveaway is the easiest way to snatch up followers: give them something! Duh.
Someday, if I ever become a world famous blogger and writer or I get noticed by someone for my long winded dribble (I believe my Mom called my last post...a dissertation...and not in a good way).
There has been this idea of homemade pies. After I actually sold some pies, by accident, I asked Jake about a pie give away at Planet Little Joseph. He liked the idea, since it would probably mean he would be getting pie as well. Jake knows that when I make pie, I make two at a time. Of course I could just make one and put that up for the contest, but the recipe makes two crusts at a time. I am sure that there are two crusts so that you could put a top layer of crust on top, but I make open faced pies so we always get two OR a pie + quiche.
With all of the suggestions and the support, I am going to enter some pie(s) at the Iowa State Fair this summer. I know that I am going to need some pie testers, and the best way I can figure to be fair about testing is to at least be giving one whole 9" pie away. The spare pie will be for testing, but the giveaway pie will leave the house to one lucky individual to do as they will with the pie. Oh my, I just realized that someone could use the pie to hit someone in the face with a pie. Oh dear! OK that is my one rule!! Do not throw my precious pie at someone! If you have to throw a pie at someone, go and buy a pie at Perkins.
My pies are made from scratch with high quality ingredients. I use butter and or coconut oil, organic flour, organic milk and eggs...hmmm what else? My little brother can always taste the love in the food I make, and he is always so sweet to point it out to me. I realize I could sound like the crazy Karla from Top Chef, but she is so right! Now I haven't started meditating during yoga about the food I make, but I am not as good as Karla is either. I just love to bake and I love to cook! Have you seen my tummy and Jake's tummy? Um, hello! We have good eatin' around here!
So the rules for this pie give away:
- You probably like me or know me to be reading the blog, but I need your comments so I know you are reading! Why wouldn't I want to see comments from my adoring fans?
- The pie contest starts NOW!
- I am allowing one entry per day per reader until Sunday, June 7th, 8pm
- I am sure it seems odd to allow one entry per day per reader but this is just going to increase your odds of winning a beautiful pie all to yourself!
- The pie will be ready on Monday, and I will be calling whomever is the chosen winner
- Since I have never had a giveaway, I don't know what other rules to put in. Read. Post your name on the blog which would tell me you have read something, AND you get entered.
- The only person that is not allowed to enter is Husband. You get pie whenever you want, Husband!
- Oh yeah, if you live out of town, I will bring you your pie when I see you. Seriously.