Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Recent Dialogue

The pure joy in my life are my little babies, and the ones that are talking continue to make Husband and I laugh hysterically. Here is the most recent sampling, fresh from their mouths last night.
Synopsis: Recently, Iain has been exposed to Errol Flynn's portrayal of Robin Hood. He found some small wooden, erector set type of toys from Jake's childhood, and asked Husband to change the construction from an airplane into a sword.
Iain, sticking his sword towards Fiona's belly: I'm Robin Hood! Give me your money!
Sitting on Jake's lap, Fiona lifts her hands to Iain and said: I'm poor!
Iain: No you aren't poor, you are rich. Give me your money!
Fiona: No, I'm poor!Last week, I was feeding the baby in her room, and I & F wanted to be playing around with her toys as well as opening and shutting the door. I told Iain to stop trying to close the door, but eventually he did shut himself out of the nursery. He had been wearing a train conductor hat that Nani got him for Easter.
Iain knocking on the door: Let me in!
Erin and the girls inside ignoring Iain.
Iain: Hey guys, let me in.
Still ignoring him.
Iain: Hello! I'm a choo choo man. Let me in! You guys need a choo choo man.
Erin: Oh thanks, but we don't need a choo choo man right now.
Iain: You GUYSSSSS!! You need a choo choo man!
Erin: Actually, Mama told the choo choo man to stop playing with the door, and so now you are locked out and I am feeding Elisa, so you will have to wait.
Iain becoming weepy: No...you need a choo choo man.
Erin: I might need a choo choo man in a minute, after I am done feeding the baby.
Iain becoming hysterical, and crying: Mommy! Pleeeease let me in!
Erin getting up with Elisa still eating to let the choo choo man inside with all of the girls.Husband's uncle came into town for a business trip, so he was visiting at Nani's house. We went over to say hello and make a visit. Iain became very loud, and was rolling all over the floor, and jumping on and off of furniture. The behavior was very odd, and we realized he was trying to get tons of attention from everyone in the room.
Iain, singing at the top of his lungs: Makin' love, makin' love....
Jake looking at me: Is he saying 'Makin' love?' Where did he get THAT from?
Erin shaking her head.
Iain continuing to roll all over the floor.
Burton IV starts singing some sort of "Makin' Love" song.
Jake: Ahh!! He is singing "Make 'em laugh!!" from Singin' in the Rain"
Jake begins to sing along with Iain: Make 'em laugh! Make 'em laugh.
Burton IV: Singin' in the Rain 'eh? That's an odd movie for him to know a song from it.
Jake: Well, that's because Erin loves musicals so the kids watch them with her.
Erin: Thank you Iain, that was a wonderful song! Let's all just settle down...We had oatmeal for breakfast last week, and the kids are not fond of the hot mushy stuff. I fixed all of our portions together in the same bowl and loaded up the pile of hot oatmeal with butter, maple syrup, fresh raspberries, coconut and some carob chips.
Erin: Iain come here and take a bite of this.
Iain looking into the bowl: Mommmmmmy. That's strange. I don't like it.
Erin: It's not strange, it is delicious! Try a bite and then you can be done.
Iain taking a bite while grimacing. Starts to chew and then smiles: Mmmm Mommy. That's delicious!
Fiona: I have some! takes a bite Mmmmm delicious!

A few Sundays ago, Husband and I were getting the kids settled down for their nap. I had brought in a pile of coats and hats and things that needed to be put away.
Iain, in his attempts to stall the nap time: Hey, you guys clean my room now, OK? My room is all messy.
Erin: Uh, no. Your room is not messy right now, and I will decide when I clean your room.
Iain: No Mommy, this room is very messy. You guys clean this room up right now, OK?
Jake: No, it's not OK. Go to sleep now.Fiona running down the hallway, stubs her toe: Owwww! Mommy, I hurt my body. Kiss my body Mommy.

Fiona yelling from her crib after she was tucked in for the night: Daddy!!!! I need to go potty now! I make a ka ka now!!! Help me! Daddy!!!!

We had some green beans along with our hamburgers a couple weeks ago. Fiona started grabbing up each bean and quickly stuffed each one into her mouth saying: Mmmmm Delicious!
Iain: Mommy? These beans are not right. whinning like a sad puppy You have them Foner Lynn.
Erin: No, Iain, you need to eat your beans. They are good for you.
Iain: No Mommy. They aren't riiiiiiggghhht!

No comments: